In October, the New York Federal Reserve reported the following economic expectations:
- Labor markets and household finance are largely stable.
- The year-ahead home price is expected to rise at 3%, unchanged from the previous estimate.
- Year-ahead gas prices are expected to rise at 5%, slightly higher than September’s 4.8%.
- The five-year ahead expected inflation rate is at 2.7%, down from September’s 2.8%.
- Three-year ahead expected inflation remains steady at 3%.
- Year-ahead expected inflation is projected to be 3.6%, down from September’s 3.7%.
Modestly lower inflation expectations from a month ago.
This article was written by Greg Michalowski at www.forexlive.com. Source