- Inflation is still too high
- We should be cautious, patient, resolute
- Policy is restrictive enough to bring inflation to 2% in a reasonable timeframe
- I am not for easing policy any time soon
- Should inflation unexpectedly climb, I would support more tightening
He doesn’t sound like he is in a hurry to tighten further and this sentiment is arguably shared by most Fed policymakers at the moment. It seems that the terms ‘appropriately restrictive’ may be the new buzzword.
This article was written by Justin Low at www.forexlive.com. Source