Goldman Sachs response to the speech from Federal Reserve Chair Powell at Jackson Hole.
- Powell’s speech noted that the FOMC will ‘proceed carefully’
- We continue to expect that the FOMC will ultimately decide that further policy tightening is unnecessary, making the hike at the July FOMC meeting the last of the cycle
ps. from Friday:
- Powell: We are prepared to raise rates further if appropriate, will proceed carefully
- A review of the speech from Fed Powell by topics
- Forexlive Americas FX news wrap 25 Aug: Powell/Fed prepared to raise rates but “carefully”
This article was written by Eamonn Sheridan at www.forexlive.com. Source