The People’s Bank of China set the onshore yuan (CNY) reference rate for the trading session ahead.
- USD/CNY is the onshore yuan. Its permitted to trade plus or minus 2% from this daily reference rate.
- CNH is the offshore yuan. USD /CNH has no restrictions on its trading range.
- A significantly stronger or weaker rate than expected is typically considered a signal from the PBOC.
The previous close was 7.2135
7.1612 is the strongest rate mid-rate for the CNY since August 11 and the biggest rise since September 12
more to come
PBOC injects 205bn via 7-day RR, sets rate at an unchanged 1.8%
- 113bn yuan of RRs mature today
- thus a net 92bn yuan injection on the day in Open Market Operations (OMOs)
This article was written by Eamonn Sheridan at www.forexlive.com. Source