- We are not forecasting a deep recession
- We don’t need to think that we need to get a recession to get inflation back to target
- Inflation is still somewhat broad-based. That we become the persistence of underlying inflation.
- It’s important that we don’t give Canadians a false sense of precision as regards to timing of a rate cut
- Risk of a rate hike is not at 0%, but raising rates is not the base case
- We are at a point where there is a lot of push and pull. There are mixed signals. When have confidence we will open the door toward easing policy.
This article was written by Greg Michalowski at www.forexlive.com. Source